Holidays without cake it can´t be, and because so many dishes with pork will abound Romanians tables, I thought that a fresh and cooling cake, like Diplomat cake, will be a very good idea. I made it today without gluten, participating this way to the campaign ¨A sweet Cristhmas and gluten free with Dr Schar¨, and othet delightfull and decicios recipes I will find on Facebook Dr. Schar.
Holydays without cake it can´t be, and becouse so many dishes with pork will abound romanians tables, I thought that a fresh and cooling cake, like Diplomat cake, will be a very good idea. I made it today without gluten, participating this way to the campaign ¨A sweet Cristhmas and gluten free with Dr Schar¨, and othet delightfull and decicios recipes I will find on Facebook Dr. Schar.
300 ml milk
300 ml cream
270 gr sugar
20 gr gelatin granules
1 pinch of salt
8 gr vanillinated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
150 gr lady fingers Savoiardi (I use gluten free ones from Dr Schar)
1 can pineapples compot
For decoration 200 ml whipped cream
- Cream the yolks , sugar and a pinch of salt
- Warm up the milk and mix it with the eggs
- Stir the mixture on double boiler, until thickens a little bit. Test it with a spoon, if the mixture cover the tablespoon and make a line with your finger on the back of the spoon and the mixture remains separately, then is done. Let it cool.
- Mix the gelatin with couple tablespoons of water, and let it hydrate. for 10 min.
- Whipp up the 300 ml cream and keep it in the fridge until assambly the cake
- Mix the egg whites with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of lemon juice, whisk on double boiler until stiff peaks. This way you will not use raw eggs.
- melt the hydrated gelatine in the microwave for 20 sec
- In the yolks mixture add the melted gelatine, the whipped cream and the whites, stir slowly
- prepare the rounded tray with the diameter of 26 cm, cover it with plastic foil, and add one first layer of fruits (mandarine and pineapples)
- pour half of the filling made earlier, add some slices of bananas and pineapples, and the rest of the filling
- moist the lady fingers in the compot syrup for a sec, and layer over the filling, pressing easily
- cover everything with plastic foil and put the cake in the refrigerator until next day
- on the seccond day, after is hardened, remove the plastic foil, put a bigger plate over, and turn over the cake, remove the rest of plastic foil and decorate with some whipped cream or as you like.
It seems complicated but I assure you that is not, and the results are amazing! Fresh and delicious!
Post a Comment