My grandma use to make pilaf when she sacrifice some chicken from her own yard, the pilaf use to be yellow from the bird fat and it was delicious. I do it with not so much fat, in fact I add only 2 tablespoon of sunflower oil, and to boil the rice I use water or vegetable soup, rarely do I use chicken soup.
Ingredients for 6-8 servings of Pilaf with vegetables
- 300 gr rice
- 2 carrots
- 3 small onion or one large one
- A slice of celery root
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- fresh green parsley
- salt and pepper by taste
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- water or vegetable soup
- Carrots, onion and celery root I have peal, washed and using food processor I have chopped them. If you don’t have a food processor use the grater for the carrots and the celery. For onion just chop it with the knife.
- The bell pepper must wash it, remove the seeds and chop it with the knife.
- In a pot add 2 tablespoon of oil to heat up and add the vegetable and add some water to steam, this way you will not have stomach burns. Let them to cook for a few minutes and add the rice.
- Add 600 ml water (double the quantity of the rice) and let it boil, at low heat, and carefully not to burn it. If needed add a little bit more water.
- I have grated the tomatoes also, removing this way the skin of them, and when the rice it is done add them in the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste and boil for a few more moments.
- At the end add fresh chopped parsley.
I hope you will like this Pilaf with vegetables and you will try it!
And like always don’t forget to BE HAPPY!!!!